Memories Made #33 Scrapbooking Process Video: My Crazy Boy (combination titles)

Welcome to a new month of "Memories Made" videos! This month I'm focusing on: Title Design!

Titles are actually one of the items that I sometimes struggle with on my layouts. Where to place them? What they should look like? What they should say? In an effort to help me, I'm sharing some ideas with YOU. Watch for additional ideas throughout this month!

This week's memory: My Son's Crazy Personality

Do you ever develop your photos only to discover ones that make you laugh out loud? This was one of those for me. While we were shooting some fall photos, my son gave me a few photos like this. You know what? This is the real and honest part of who he is. Most boys don't sit quietly. They live loud and big. And he's no exception. So rather than document the fall event, I discuss his personality in this layout. Here is the layout I created from this memory:



This week's technique: Combination Titles

Combination titles simply mean that you combine more than one type of typography or alpha style to create a title. For this layout I used letter stickers, a welded die cut word from Silhouette, and some clear letters. You could also use stamps, printed words, or your own handwriting for a combination title. This is a great title style for using up your alpha sticker stash as well. Here are a few close-up photos of how I used this title design style:




Tutorial Video:

Want to learn more about using a combination title on your layouts? Then be sure to watch today's tutorial video either HERE on my Youtube channel or below:



Below are the suggested products for recreating this layout. Here are some items that can easily be combined to create a title like this: Alpha Stickers, Acetate Letters, Stamps, Phrases, Handwriting, Printed Words, Die Cut Titles or Letters.
 
Suggested Products (click photos for product information): 


4 comments

  1. Another fabulous video! Thanks for sharing!! And an awesome layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, I love the fonts you use for your titles. Could you add them to your list of supplies, please. I am having trouble finding bold script fonts that I like and cut easily on the Silhouette.
    Thanks. Love your layouts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, I will try to add those fonts to my next supply list. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...